Your home is supposed to be your sanctuary, your asylum, your fort and kingdom. Your home would be in more ways than you can imagine a personal fortress of peace, tranquillity and solitude. As for your family and pets, it would be the humblest of all abode to dwell peacefully and wholeheartedly. Or at least it’s supposed to be. Sometimes, however, for reasons that may or may not in the case be your fault, your house begins to smell like a bowling alley bathroom; which in case you haven’t had the pleasure would be quite the sight and smell to venture into when one would like to throw up. After a long day at work, you get home, and you get punched in the olfactory senses by a wall of urine odour imagine the frustration as well as the exasperation one would have to fight to start getting things in order. So instead of watching your television or reading up on a book, you get the distinct honour of tracking down the urine identifying the culprit and cleaning urine.
The search can get exhausting as you could be there for hours trying to spot where the urine has been standing. All this is happening when the entire room would smell like urine which would be like trying to find a specific needle in a needle stack yes not a pincushion. The pee smell could be the result of human urine, cat urine, dog urine, or any other type of pet urine, or even in cases a combination of ammonia with something that released ammonia gas.
And just because you found one place of urine smell emanation, doesn’t mean there aren’t going to be others. You’re going have to take some time and take a break from all chores and tasks to tend to this issue. It could be something as menial as the dog “lifting leg” on plants and watering them copiously; the cat could be “spraying” everywhere which could result in the entire place reeking of ammonia. The issue could be as intense as the kids choosing to start using the toy box in place of a toilet for a quick fix, or dear old Gramps not being able to make it to the bathroom on time, or maybe, you got a little too drunk last night, stumbled around in your sleep and pissed in the closet. It happens we’re all humans, and we all tend to make hell loads of mistakes well as far as urine is concerned at least this mistake.
The moral of the story is: Don’t be afraid to get on hands and knees and nose around because if you don’t look for the problem, you’re not going to be able to find it. The sniff test is also a great way to find urine at the cost of your olfactory senses has tortured. One can always turn to black lights and other such materials when it comes to identifying where the incident took place. When it comes to the question of how to clean urine, it doesn’t matter what type of urine it is; the issue is that nobody would like their house smelling excessively like ammonia.
How to Clean Up Urine FAST!!!
- How can clean urine fast from the carpet? If the stain is still wet, you can always use some absorbent towels to blot up as much of the urine as possible, this may not be able to altogether remove the smell by itself but would reduce the content and smell drastic. After that, you have to dissolve vinegar in water which makes up a solution of 1 ½ cups of warm water with ½ cup white vinegar. Now saturate the solution. Let it sit for five minutes or so depending on the splash zone, and blot dry. The next thing you have to do here now sprinkles the stain with baking soda this would absorb all the moisture. Then mix up ¾ cup peroxide with 1tsp dish soap, stir gently and drizzle it over the soda.
- How can clean urine from upholstery? If the urine is still wet, blot as much of it up as possible preferably with a napkin or a tissue as it would yet have the horrible stench and would eventually become unbearable. Once has done, you need to get yourself a mixing bowl and combine ½ cup warm water, ½ cup white vinegar, and ¼ cup dish soap this would have to be mixed into a frothy for which it needs to be hand combined making it easier to apply. Now apply foam to upholstery and work it in with your brother’s toothbrush. Scrape the nasty foam away with a rubber spatula, and you have yourself a clean damp piece of furniture. Use a clean wet cloth to wipe the spot. If the odour is not entirely gone, you may need to risk spraying the site with straight strong vinegar which would not be advisable initially. Simply because the pH value of vinegar is low, therefore creating an acidic property which would damage the upholstery. The urine has probably worked its way into the fibres, spray enough vinegar to do the same and pray for the well being of your couch.
- How to remove urine from the toilet and surrounding areas? Sometimes removing the odour of urine can be as simple as cleaning the urine fast from surfaces in the bathroom with a mop or a brush. And yeah as far as facts are concerned, let’s get one thing sorted this is not for anyone that would petrify of “getting their hands dirty” or more accurately urinated. It’s going be disgusting, and you’re going get piss on your hands. Expect it and deal with it. Please start with the throne and spray every single little part of it down with straight vinegar and let it soak for a couple of minutes. Its allows for the chemical condiment to seep in and liquefy the urine just enough to be wiped off. Next, wipe every little bit of that commode and be sure to do it with a clean rag. Now dampen a fresh, clean rag and wipe it down one last time to rinse off the leftover vinegar as the vinegar not removed it will continue to spread and cause erosion simply because of its acidic property. Now move to the floors, plumbing, and walls around the toilet and do the same thing as you did on the bathroom itself.
- How can remove urine from hard surfaces? If you’re incredibly lucky, the urine that you are trying to clean is on a hard non-porous non-permeable surface with a shiny front. Suppose you need to clean urine from hardwood, linoleum, tile, concrete, laminate or any other hard surface. In that case, you need to follow the method: If it the surface is wet or that the urine is fresh, wipe up as much of it as you can with something absorbent like a napkin or a paper towel or even a sponge if you feel like you would not mind parting with it. Now grab your bottle of vinegar and spray the hell out of the smelly spot. The ammonia in the urine would be wiped clean by the strong acidic nature of the vinegar, and above all, the strong sour smell of vinegar is so intense that it would cover up most odours. Once it’s nice and wet, let it sit for a few minutes and wipe it off. If there’s lots of urine that need cleaning, fill the mop bucket with 50/50 vinegar and water and mop it up.
- How to clean urine on a mattress? Cleaning urine fast from a bed is perhaps the most challenging urine cleaning scenario imaginable, let alone speeding up the process. They’re heavy and absorbent, so they are a hassle to move around while cleaning. Unless of course, you’re dealing with a crib mattress which would be quick work to handle. If you are, blot out what you can with some towels, saturate it with 50/50 vinegar and water and take it outside to dry in the sun. Sunlight, I’ve been told, neutralizes urine odour, the vinegar coat you would provide would mask the smell too this would make things very easy for you to clean. For a comparatively bigger mattress, you need to blot out as much of the urine as possible or visible at that stage this is because the more profound the urine seeps vinegar has to do one better and bleed in enough to eliminate the smell. Do it slowly or use a syringe which would make things easier this would allow the mixture to soak into the proper spot and destroy whatever residue is left behind. Let it dry, flip it over, and do the other side. You might be sleeping on the fold-out tonight.
- How to clean urine from the laundry? In the past, I have worn things that were laden with pee without knowing what the pee was on specifically and not finding out until one calms down enough. Cat pee is one of the vilest substances you can find yourself smelling like as a matter of fact. It would attract other cats to do the same. It makes you wonder about things like the back of your favourite shirt covered in urine which would not be evident unless you slide forward and try to smell it. It was disgusting, absolutely horrid even as an idea here because one would hate to covered in human urine, let alone cat urine. Where the car consumed something would have at any given time that has made it more actively urinate all over the place. Luckily though, it’s straightforward to clean as one only needs to use regular laundry detergent and add in ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar. That’s it, and this would even solve all the paper towel vs re-usable towel argument because it’s straightforward to get the smell and stains out.
Clean Urine with a Urine Cleaner:
The most important thing to remember when cleaning urine is to make sure you get all of it. Especially if you have pets because pets like children urinate a lot and it takes a toll on you unless they trained, their sense of smell is fantastic. Usually, because of the ammonia smell in pet urine, there is a high chance that if they do not find their litter, they will urinate on the next thing that smells like ammonia. If there is any urine smell left at all, they will detect it and continue to think that it’s acceptable for them to pee in that spot.
Since we have been able to afford to do so, we have been purchasing and using the enzymatic cleaners that designed for cleaning urine. The nice thing about enzyme cleaners is that they are less labour-intensive and would only require a little amount of effort. It helps to ensure that it did not too roughly handle the spot that was affected as well as the unit is elementary to deal.
If it’s a hard surface, spray, let it sit a couple of minutes and wipe it up. Enzymatic cleaners work by actually breaking down urine stains and odour causing molecules. The stuff rocks a powerful effect and would eventually be the ideal solution for such problems the only problem at this stage would be using enzyme urine cleaners because they are expensive and not exactly affordable for those who need it.